Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Whirlwind Tuesday

I woke up early this Tuesday.

I did a little bit of laundry and a bit of house chores, and just otherwise took it easy for the first part of the morning.

I headed towards work, and I could see from the highway some really dark clouds hanging right over the building I was headed to. Just as I pulled into the parking lot, a whirlwind came right behind me. It was dark black carrying debris. Rather large sparks emitted from the power lines behind me. I walked through the dark parking garage and went climbing the 10 flights of stairs immediately. The stairs were still well lit up on reserve power. The elevators were working for a short while, but I didn't want to be in them when they quit working. I made it to the top where I found my mom in the dark talking on her phone. She seemed to be OK. I pulled out the flashlight and went looking down the halls seeing if anyone was trapped in the dark. Everything was pretty much OK, just nothing much could happen till the power came back on. The power came in a little less than an hour I believe.

We were all glad to see the computer systems came up without problems.

A few hours from now, I can go home and put on the next uniform and go to the check stands.

Yay, what a day.

No comments: