Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Slightly Frustrating Tuesday

Today, I called my assistant to warn her about something I read on Maruchan Ramen Noodles. It states on the package it is processed in a plant where shellfish and other fish are processed, and I know my assistant has a severe allergy to the iodine in shellfish, so I called to warn her about that.

I asked her if we had figured out the puzzle on compliance yet. I explained about how I had emailed a PDF to someone to submit to the Sales Material Review Unit, and that the reviewer reported she couldn't view all of the file. I emailed it to her directly and told her I was able to read the file from my computer, the agents computer, and the community PC labs. In an email, I told her if she chooses to print it before reviewing it, be sure to choose landscape. She finally said she could read the file and asked the agent to resubmit it and she would approve it. I just told my boss that SMRU is driving me nuts and there is no way we can get out what the managers are asking us and still remain within the compliance rules. Today, almost a month after the document was originally sent in it was approved. The other issue was we have an announcement postcard that we created at the request of a Sales Development Manager. When we submitted it to our local agency compliance coordinator, she said it looked good to her, but the agent must submit it first before it is mailed. I don't think I got anything resolved, he just passed it back on to me and told me to handle it and let him know how things go.

I have thirty minutes left of the day. I feel I have done enough for the day, I am kicking back a bit and going to relax before I get ready for the next job. I spent more than thirty minutes on the phone dealing with work this morning.

When I get home, I'll fix a quick meal and get ready to get on the check stands.

Yippee!

No comments: