Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Two Job Tuesday

Today is two job Tuesday.

I woke up early this morning. My assistant called me and told me that she was unable to make it to work on time because of the weather. Evidently the edge of a storm coming from the east caused severe flooding in her neighborhood and on the main street she went out on and it caused her car to stall out. I told her I was going to use a coupon that was going to expire today if I didn't use it and I really needed to make that grocery trip before going to work today. I called my boss and let him know that she wasn't going to be able to make it. She didn't realize that she would have only probably been about 10 minutes late if she had just waited it out. The storm wasn't headed in the direction she was pretty much fizzled out pretty quick. She realized all this after we had made the call saying she could make it in. There really wasn't a way to know from her viewpoint. My boss came in this morning. He didn't seem bothered by it when I talked to him on the phone. He left us our paychecks. He was gone by the time I arrived about 11:40 AM.

I handled some issues with supplies around the office, a paper jam, and some other minor things.

I am going to process the mail fairly soon and then a few hours later, I get to go home and get ready for Job 2 on the check stands.

I told myself not to overwork myself today, and laughed at the idea that that was possible during my day job at the moment...and then just told myself not to get worked up and to stay peaceful. That's the most important thing. That is my main focus right now.

Stop Fuming and Fretting.

No comments: