Saturday, June 28, 2008

Deacon Family Saturday

This Saturday, I attended a gathering with my church deacon family at the deacon's place.

We had a fairly good turn out. The space seemed limited, I couldn't imagine that many more people showing up in that small of a place. The house wasn't small, but there wasn't a large common area. We could somewhat sprawl between the living room and the kitchen. It was quaint. It was a nicely decorated and clean place to have a gathering.

I ended up in fairly deep conversations with one of the guys from church. I felt if I may have talked more than I listened at times. I will have other opportunities to get together with the group and be more of a part of it. It is nice having a church family. I spent nearly four hours in fellowship there.

I came home and played my bass a bit. A friend of mine came over and knocked on the door and called, but I didn't answer because I was playing my bass and music so loud I didn't hear him. I called him back and he came back over. We talked for several hours.

I went to bed around midnight or so.

No comments: