Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Another Two Job Tuesday

Today is another two job Tuesday.

Before work, I managed to get a nice haircut. I showed up at a good time. I didn't have an appointment, but when I showed up I immediately saw my favorite and said "ah (his first name) is here." He asked if I was ready for a haircut and I got right in. I was quite happy about that cause I was overdue.

I showed up to work and my assistant was extremely frustrated with a spreadsheet. I managed to help her out and calm her down a bit and get eat a quick salad before I got on the clock.

An ongoing problem I have been trying to get some attention on finally got some attention from above. I was very impressed with the way my boss handled the situation so far. Maybe we will find a way to stop incurring some of these outlandish overage and supply expenses we have been dealing with.

I have a little more time before I head for home and to job two on the check stands.
I am watching out for the scams more closely now. Our store lost over 4,500 in bad checks from the same fraudulent people recently! I will be asking for ID and refusing sales for no ID without approval from management and it may drive away some legitimate customers, but they are going to have to realize that we really have to watch out for identity theft right now. It is getting bad. It is for the benefit of everyone that we looking more closely at the payment we receive.

I am thankful to be here serving.
I am living.
This is life!

No comments: