Saturday, May 31, 2008

Full House Saturday

Saturday, I woke up fairly early. My friend managed to find a ride to come hang out with me a while. He arrived early in the morning, before 10 AM.

We hung out a little bit. I was supposed to have lunch plans with someone, but I called and he didn't answer or return my call. A couple of other people came by and we all sat around and talked a bit. We went out to lunch, but it wasn't the most pleasurable experience. The waitress did get the order right, but she was almost all out rude. We had to ask for napkins, and when she brought them, she brought five very thin napkins for the five of us. There was no silver ware provided, so eating French fries without making a mess requiring only one napkin seemed like an unnecessary challenge to me. We all left a bit disappointed with the experience. The burger was good, but we all decided we would rather go somewhere else next time we go out to eat. The main reason, the attitude of the employees.

Hours passed like minutes after we arrived back at my apartment. I played my bass a bit while everyone seemed to be entertaining themselves. Dinner time had passed, and we had no plan. I had something in the freezer, so I grabbed it and threw it on the stove. It was all I offered to my company. I didn't have anything else and I wasn't ready to go driving to another place to pick up food when he was already to the waited too late to eat phase. Another friend of mine went and grabbed him a couple of Dr. Peppers for him. I have a difficult time taking care of others right now. It is difficult enough for me to take care of myself lately. So, my friends have helped each other out a bit.

Everything was pretty much OK.

Another friend stopped by in the middle of the night. It freaked me out a little bit because I was afraid someone had complained about my music being a little loud that time of night.

I do think my friend had a fairly enjoyable visit.

I didn't do much else other than clean house and run circles around everyone while everyone visited.

I am thankful to have what I have, thankful to have company even when sometimes I am uncomfortable with or without company, thankful my friends are getting along.

No comments: