Monday, May 12, 2008

Already Spent My Refund

I stayed busy at work, but I felt like I had a good handle on things.

I actually did manage to over pay last year on taxes.
I got home and found a check from the IRS in my mail. I also found some bills I need to pay. The refund check that hasn't made it to the bank yet. I have already spent it. I haven't been able to pay my credit cards off in full in a long time.

It still made me feel like I could spend a little money. Just today, I bought a few things for my bike. I got a headlight which is basically a AAA super bright LED Flashlight with a mount and a back flashing red LED and a luggage rack for the back. I am sure I will get my money's worth out of it. I also got rechargeable batteries and a new charger. I didn't go the hand cranking headlight route, (HOW NON GREEN OF ME) One hour of light for one minute of cranking . If it was designed to slowly feed of the bike and add a only a little resistance, that would be fine, but got one driven by rechargeable batteries (NIMH) instead. The charger wansn't too bad a deal. It came with several batteries, and was basically a free charger the way it was packaged, then I got $5 mail in rebate. I might see that money in 6-8 weeks, or maybe not. I did take the time to fill out all the stuff, hopefully I can find my stamps and get that mailed off.

Well, I should be getting some rest soon. I got up early today, and there is much to to tomorow, and a long night and an early morning to follow.

No comments: