Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Busy Night

Well it was a busy night for me. A cashier didn't come to work this Tuesday night. This meant for a heavier workload for me. There were several hours where I was the only one (besides the express lane) moving large baskets of groceries through the line, scanning them, bagging them up, and processing the transactions. There were quite a few two basket orders coming through my line. The totals were above three hundred dollars on some of the orders. A front line manager asked me if I wanted to stay late. I asked how late? He said 11:00... I said I will think about it.. I thought about it as I worked all the way up till 11:00, at which point I had made my decision. I was ready to go home ;)

It was a busy night. I came home with a slightly sore wrist but satisfaction knowing I did a great job. It was like a scene out of the movie Employee of the Month the speed that I was moving. This isn't all that unusual for me. I don't think I could keep that pace up if I was there for the longer shifts, but it impresses the customers once in a while.

I was glad to be able to put in a good days work.

No comments: