Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Another Long Day

Well Tuesday is the day that I get to sleep in a bit and rest up for a long work day.

I wound up waking up right at 8:30, remoting in to the work computer to help my assistant get some new names loaded into the mailing system. I showered and called Zen salons to see if I could set up an appointment. They had an opening in 30 min. I told them I could make it by then and there would be no way I would forget where I was going. (being that I missed my last two appointments) I made it to my appointment. My hair stylist asked if I had had a long night...I wasn't sure what he was asking at first...then he said you seem tired. I said oh well, I just stay this way. Right now I am just really relaxed and there is nothing wrong with that. I don't go into work till noon and then I work till 5 and then again at 6:45 - 9 :45.
I have about 45 minutes left of this day here.
It has been busy. I have gotten lots of stuff done. Moved around paper, changed out toner cartridges, put postage on outgoing mail, printed summary reports for the boss man to do billing from.

45 Min, then I get to drive home...and then throw my shirt in the dryer and hope it dries in time.

*****
Got it done. Made it through traffic record speed. Got pissed off at three drivers that cut across the median on the on ramp cutting across the service road. I was safe, no one got hurt, but man I got pissed. Made it home got my shirt dry, made it to work on time. Stayed a few minutes late cause they were short handed at the time I was scheduled to get out of work. I had empathy for the manager that is working two jobs and more hours than I trying to pay off his medical bills.
*****
AHHH! Long day.

The terrible truth of it is though, I am not officially getting more than 33 hours a week in total!
Arg!

I just want to consolidate my work. I am so efficient that if consolidated, I could make some good money for myself and those I am working for.

I won't give up on this pipe dream!

No comments: