Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thankfully Picking Up The Broken Pieces

It has been over five days since my things were smashed. I am still picking up some of the broken pieces. Emotionally, I am progressing. I am past disbelief, past anger, past blaming myself, and to the point of realizing I have to take care of myself.

Either I got punched harder than I realized, or I an grinding my TMJ into an inflamed source of agony in the middle of the night.

I got a paycheck today. I paid CITIBANK, and their online system says that my interest rate is 29% but I have been assured over the phone that by the 5th of March, it should reflect the correct interest rate. I also paid GEICO to keep my liability insurance in force. I have some other bills on the calendar, but I am hanging on to some cash. I am not paying much more than my minimum until I at least have a bit of a cash cushion again.

I came in early to work today to give my neighbor a ride to work. I came and helped my mom with some tasks in the office. I got in over an hour and a half early. I will pay myself back by taking care of an hour and a half of personal business while I am on the clock.

Thankfully, I have been doing a very good job and I am even getting pretty good at proving that I have.

I still have to locate some 2006 tax documents.

I thank God for the ability to pick up the pieces and keep going.
I thank God for the fact that I had a meal I could drink today!
I thank God for the fact I have a job to come into every day.
I thank God I have a 4 string bass tucked away safely.
I thank God I have friends that care.
I thank God I have a safe place (relatively) to lay my head at night.
I thank God for family progressing and healing.
I thank God for unlimited earning potential this year.
I thank God for guaranteed income this year.
I thank God that I have a vehicle that gets me to and from work.

No comments: