Tuesday, February 12, 2008

AWOL - Absent Without Leave

Last week I worked a full day at the day job. I was sick with an upper respiratory infection.
I did not make it into the evening cashier position, but I did call and let them know.
I am over the upper respiratory infection now.

I did discover that I used Tax Act to electronically file my 2006 taxes. They IRS claim I never filed. I was able to pay 10 dollars to get another copy to mail in. If they don't receive the proper paperwork in time, then I loose $810 in credits.

I came home from working a pretty full day and returned some documents to someone that had their purse stolen. She called me and let me know she was coming. It was yesterday I found some loose documents in the street outside my apartment and I called her to let her know what I found. I stood outside and talked with the security guard for awhile and completely forgot what I was supposed to be doing. I was supposed to be getting ready for work. I was supposed to be on the registers doing my job as a cashier. I just totally forgot. I didn't realize until my shift was practically over.

I hope my managers understand. I just allowed myself to get too busy and caught up in things and nothing brought me back. No one reminded me, no one called to see what happened.

It is unfortunate that I don't have someone looking out for me ...
Pay that, bill bay this bill, file a copy of this in your file, show up here show up there

No backup is in place if I forget.

I'll pull the brain damaged card ; )

No comments: