Friday, September 26, 2008

Ode to WAMU

Last night, FDIC stepped in and had to seize control of WAMU's accounts. Some are have called this the largest bank failure ever. Yes, I could go move my accounts to another bank and it would be a hassle, and I might have to. But what bank? It concerns me because WAMU had the best customer service of any bank I have ever dealt with in my life. If there are not unreasonable fees slapped on my accounts, and my deposits are counted in a reasonable amount of time, I am not going to be too concerned with changing banks. I hope that the spirit of service that WAMU has provided its customers over the years can live on through these acquisitions.

I saw in the news before this happened that they had gotten a new CEO because of failed mortgage accounts. This move seemed to be a last stitch effort a bit too late. The whole economy is really getting squeezed. I remain prayerful and hopeful that I can navigate these new markets successfully. It can be a challenge making ends meet and meeting my obligations.

I don't know where my career going. It is difficult to plan for my future because my vision of it is so unclear. It has been quite difficult for me to put a picture of where I want to be in my head and go for it because my mind trips me up not believing that it is possible to securing financial security in this world. Two financial institutions that I had at one time been interested in working with are suddenly in a heap of trouble. Fortunately I am providing services for one of the strongest insurance companies around if not the strongest. I may need to make a move, I am not sure. I don't want to loose what I have in pursuit of something that isn't worthwhile.

I have pushed credit to uncomfortable limits, and I seem to only have enough to meet my obligations and making it difficult to obtain some of the basic needs like clothes, food, and other basic needs.

Unfortunately, I am not alone in this mess. There are many others in this country that are squeezed to. Unfortunately, too many of them are defaulting on their loans and not meeting their obligations making it more difficult on those that do.

I affirm again that God is my source.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Blessed are those who suffer for they will be comforted.

What brings me joy?
The belief that there is something greater than all of this.

Its more than a belief, it is a knowing.

God bless the Earth and all its inhabitants.

What is 100 years compared to eternity?

No comments: