Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Long Day, Sleepy and Anxious

I quickly and efficiently got monthly reports done today. I got the small batches of mail sent out. I sent out a few prospecting letters. Beyond that, there hasn't been much activity. I anxiously wait for another project to knock out with extreme efficiency. I am fighting anxiety and sleepiness at the same time. Not a fun combination. The fix for one makes the other worse. I am perched high above and distanced from most of the chaos going on in the world, but I still get a pretty clear view of it.

It is difficult to be in a positive frame of mind in this situation, but I know it is imperative. I pray for more energy, less anxiety, more drive, and clear vision to see and take hold of opportunity to make improvement. I do want to help make the world a better place for everyone willing to do their part including myself.

In a few hours, I will be at my next post and a little closer to the chaos, but with enough distractions to keep me from thinking about it.

I figure I will sleep good tonight. Its a long day and I am staying away from the caffeine.

I take comfort in the fact that I have been making small steps in the right direction in the recent months. This is the kind of thing that deserves mental attention, any amount of movement towards progress. Even if it is two steps forward and one step back.

No comments: