Saturday, April 11, 2009

A war hero turns eighty six

My grandfather who fought in World War II and earned a silver star for some heroic life saving actions while serving in the Air Force turned 86 today.
He isn't at a hundred percent. He has suffered from some strokes that have caused some damage. I got to see my cousins and all and that was nice and all. I kicked a ball around with a cousin. I walked around outside a bit.

I am still here. I am consumed in financial worries.
I think I should have been seeking alternatives sooner.
I used to expect the best and I didn't always get it I guess.
All I know is that I am far behind.
It is an overwhelming thing in my life.
It is something I am obsessive about and has nearly taken over my life.

I am considering going and spending a couple bucks at the bar... Something that I shouldn't do, but I am very tempted to.

Shoot its only a couple of dollars.
I don't do it very often.
The bar might even be closed....who knows...

But happy hour is over soon...so I better go check it out before its too late.

I'll try to check in a bit more often.................Maybe it won't be another five months.

No comments: