Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Are prayers being answered?

Are prayers being answered?
Have I found a new calling?
Is God calling me?
I am beginning to think so, though I am still searching.

I feel like sometimes I can hear God's voice calling me leading me, but I am only hearing the echos. I can't figure out what way to go.

Sometimes it is almost like I am following something that is moving from a distance crouching behind objects to hide. It is a human thing to do, trying to follow God but not too closely. It is like we resist the change and try to hold on to our identity rather than become one with God. I have a hard time with the Ego sometimes here. It isn't about me! As a pastor in my life has said, "More of Him and less of me."

I was talking to myself when I was alone on my drive home today. I found myself saying I am blessed I am so blessed I am so blessed.

Ah, but am I really hearing God, or am I just fooling myself? Where is my God? Sometimes the voice is so faint that I wonder if it is really God....Although I guess if God were to really come into my apartment right now and stand before me and speak to me directly, I must admit that might be a little startling.

Ever go through a situation where things were getting really uncomfortable and dangerous or just the potential for things to go awry with no backup plans and things were getting worse with no signs of improvement or possibility for improvement? Somehow I seem to get through those times. I don't see the solution and I can get stressed out about it, but unexpected answers come.

I think sometimes it is important to look hard and rely on our own understanding when looking for answers so that we can see how wonderful the unexpected solutions that God presents to us truly are.

No comments: